I am wondering is any of you can help me out here.
This email rendering perfectly in Firefox, IE6 and 7, but when I import the campaign to Campaign Monitor it is going wonky.
From looking at the code it looks like nothing is wrong. I have checked everything I can think of, table sizing, image sizing, accidental spacer gif, I cannot figure it out.
Here is what it looks like in a browser and Dreamweaver
Here is what is looks like in the preview in Campaign Monitor and in my email client (Outlook 2003)
Here is the HTML
If anyone can help it would be VERY appreciated!
My first guess would be that the HTML code has very long lines, and the browsers / email clients break it at some point. That introduces white space, which theoretically makes no difference, but in practice causes the gaps between images you see there.
Instead, if you keep your line lengths short (or break *inside* a tag) you can control it better and should get rid of the problem. Of course, we would also suggest not having so many images with text in them too :)
Thanks for your help.
I did not have very much leeway with the imagery and code on this one, because our client created it, I did take your suggestion about the amount of images w/ text and was able to get it to work by combining all the nav images into one and using an image map.
Glad you got it working - normally a code change that only impacts the whitespacing in the source would not cause much concern to clients though!